FRO- Fessional

 An Afro to Work?

 
The first look that comes to mind when thinking about an office attire is usually a 3 piece suit or a pencile skirt with a button down shirt paired with some pumps. As for color, we think of  wearing black, grey, navy blue with a touch of white or nude. In regards to hair styles, we usually think of a sleek low bun or straight hair to give us that "clean" professional look. For the fist two weeks at my job I did just that... the cliché office look.







 After two weeks, I quickly got bored and tired of this attire; it was SO not me! I began to think of ways to incorporate my style, while maintaining the professional look. To be honest I was very nervous and even scared to take this risk, but I had to, I couldn't bare the inability to express myself through my style. I began to slowly introduce nude and pink colors, sweaters paired with cigarette pants, flats, and various ponytail styles. The amount of compliments I received, including from my supervisor, not only made me feel good, but also made me feel like I was doing a great job balancing work attire with my personal style.

  About a couple of months in, I became bold and did the unspeakable.... One casual Friday I let my hair out.....Yes I wore an Afro to work! Let's just say I was the representative of black girl magic for the day, lol. I received so much compliments and questions through out the day (now I see why they say big hair is a distraction,  lol). Will I ever where an Afro to work again? Let's just see how I feel.



Outfit Details:
*Top, Polazzo Pants, and Bag- https://www.nyandcompany.com/
*Panache Clara Bra-  https://www.barenecessities.com/  

Popular Posts