Fanm Kreyòl


Kot'em ye la? (Where am I?)

Recently I took a trip to NOLA (New Orleans, Louisiana) and it was an AMAZING experience. It is a city so rich in culture, art, creativity, music, history and so much more. It was like being stuck between the Renaissance and Victorian eras, It was so surreal.
One of the things that stood out to me the most was how much parts of NOLA looked a lot like Haiti; the bright colorful homes, buildings and doors. The view from my hotel was breath-taking, every morning I would just stand at my window and stare at the beautiful colors and architecture that filled the city.

NOLA is known as a "creole" city. Creole is my family's native language, so when I hear the word "creole", I automatically think "Haitian". As a tribute to my own heritage (Haiti) and roots (Africa), I decided to have a top custom made representing both cultures. Africa is known for their beautiful Ankara fabrics and Haiti is known for solid bright bold colors and off shoulder bell sleeved tops. To be honest, this combination was a complete success and fit right in with the NOLA-creole atmosphere. 


Outfit Details:
Top- @Yetfemdesigns (IG)
Bottom- www.fashionnova.com
Headscarf- Local Fleamarket
Earrings and Sandals- www.nyandcompany.com








Popular Posts