The Party Guest


Ever been invited as a plus one?

A friend of mine was invited to one of those office parties at her job. Being the social butterfly that I am, she figured who else to invite as her plus one if not me? I felt both flattered and nervous by the invitation because I didn't know what to wear!

So for weeks I'd ask her what is the dress code and she'd just say "dressy". As true fashion lovers and stylist, we know that "Dressy" can range from business casual to ballroom attire. Finding the perfect outfit is usually a struggle for most women; as a petite fully gifted woman, I have to work 3 times as hard. The fashion industry has clothes for "average" size, plus/curvy, petite, and tall. Unfortunately, petite with large bust does not fall under any of those categories, so finding the perfect outfit can be a complete nightmare. After weeks of being indecisive on what to wear and dealing with my off and on nemesis (my large bust), I decided to play it safe and go with the business casual route and added a little twist of my own. Now an ordinary three piece suit was definitely out of the question, but what else could I wear that would not only fit my breast comfortably, but also compliment my petite frame?  
After many research for inspiration, I decided to have something custom made and tailored specifically for my frame. The tailor did a great job bringing my dream to life and I loved my outfit! Fortunately, when I arrived at the party, I was appropriately dressed and yet still stood out in my unique attire.



Outfit Details:
Jacket & Pants- Custom made by @Yetfemdesigns
Cage Purse- Asos
Shoes- Steve Madden
Earrings- NYandCompany
Glasses- Aldo

Popular Posts