Lacey and Gentlemen...


A friend of mine invited me to his mother's 60th birthday celebration/Banquet. Once I received the invitation, I immediately knew what I wanted to wear. I had this beautiful maxi skirt that was sitting in my closet for almost 1 year, which I knew would have been perfect for the occasion. Now for the challenging part.... what top to wear that would compliment both the skirt and my large bust?
After days of pondering, I finally thought of something risque and challenging... a lace top. When I shared with my friend that lace is what I wanted to do, she asked "are you sure?" With a straight face I said "yes", meanwhile I was thinking to myself, "Tracey do you really want to take this chance?". Lace is a very tricky material, it does not stretch, but I had a dream and I was going to execute it one way or another.
After combining this look, I realized that I just stepped into one of my favorite eras (Victorian) and I absolutely LOVED it! At the event, I was nicknamed the Duchess of Haiti, a name that I gladly accepted.

Attire:
Skirt- Local Boutique 
Lace top- Asos
Black Tank- Ross
Earrings- New York & Company

Popular Posts