COLOR| POP

 Blend in for what?

Have you ever had a piece in your closet that is so beautiful but you have no idea how to style it?

When I first saw this blazer at dress barn, I gasped and knew that I had to have it in my wardrobe.I held on to this beauty for several months debating on how should I style this it. At first I thought about a white midi dress, then i figured "nah.. that's too simple". Next I thought about white pants paired with a white tank and once again I didn't feel like it was me. Finally when the day came to where my simple yet complicating piece, I threw this little ensemble together in less than 10 minutes and Voila! This look was so me!

Now when it came to a photo shoot location, I knew this red wall/door is exactly what I wanted as a background. My photographer and I had a little disagreement because she felt that the red wall and the colors of my attire were clashing and I told her "that is exactly what I want" I mean.... blend in for what?

As a decedent of the Caribbean Islands, we are known for using a lot of bright and bold solid colors. In the Caribbeans you will find buildings and houses panted in bright yellow, blue, green, even peach. When it comes to our attire, no dark, dull, or even neutral colors in sight, unless it is required.

My photographer may not have understood my vision, but she was able to successfully execute this shoot. She capture the beauty that I was looking for.




Ladies don't be afraid to incorporate colors and/or prints in your look. Whether you decide to color block or mix prints, as long as you add your own style and make it yours, no one can stop you. Remember fashion..... no discrimination, just coordination.

Side note: This whole look cost under $100.


Outfit information:
Blazer- Dressbarn
Shorts- H&M
Blouse- Rainbow
Shoes- Steve Madden
Earrings- NY&Company
Glasses- NY&Company
Purse- Local Boutique




Popular Posts